A place to document the trials of starting and running a small farm. Sharing about my newly acquired skills of sewing and quilting, cooking and smoking using a weber grill, gardening, and harvesting. Basically will include my hobbies tinkered with at our new country home.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Bought the farm
Well, we finally are able to purchase a home in the country, I am very excited to finally get back. We have a lot of stuff to do and things to update with the home and lots of decisions to make about the animals we want to raise. Mostly I am excited to have a big garden where I can plant and grow enough to sustain us. It will be a lot of work and a lot of time outside spent. During the times not outside I will be honing my sewing skills and making quilt tops in my sewing room. I joined a quilting guild and hope to make and keep wonderful friends in this area. I will also be cooking and learning more about using my smokenator, accessory for my Weber grill. Hang out with us and see all the trial and tribulations we experience first hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment