Went to the house today in hopes of getting internet and carpet installed. It is Kentucky, so being the first on the list, the internet guy showed up about a quarter after 9am. I happened to be outside, enjoying the weather and looking at the plants around the house, realizing that the plant I thought was rosemary, is actually lavender. Anyhow, saw the van drive past and a while later he came back, I mentioned that I saw in drive past and he explained he was checking to see if the line has been turned on and it had. He worked for a while, left for a bit, saw him carrying a ladder across the back of the property. Turns out that his ladder couldn't reach the pole and a technician would have to come out and do some stuff. Needless to say, I don't have internet.
Just after he left, the carpet people showed up and it was now almost 10:30. They made quick work of tearing out the old carpet and cleaning up, and laying the padding in three of the rooms, before taking a lunch break and a trip back to the shop to cut the carpet to be laid down, at 11:30. The came back at 1pm with the carpet, and each room got a roll. The rooms must have been the correct sizes for carpet as they installed each room with a single piece.
While they worked, I continued to clean the kitchen cupboards and started lining the drawers and shelves. With all the drawers lined and most of the cupboards done as well, when they finished up, I decided to end the day too, being about three pm,
I of course ate some ice cream, (priorities right, I brought one thing to sustain me for the afternoon). I had sent the request to get mail delivered earlier so I checked and it had gone. I wasn't paying attention so I don't know when the mail carrier came by. I decided to check out the barn since we got the electric changed over to our name, I wanted to make sure every thing was ok, since they had canceled the power for the barn. Apparently, they decided to wire the switches backwards so thinking that the lights were all of they were actually all on.
Being the first time in the barn, with it having power, I thought I would check it out a bit more. I found the missing closet doors for the back bedroom, some trim on a shelf, and other things laying around. I decided to check out the cupboards right inside the door, and was remembering the time that the realtor cautioned me about opening doors as you don't know what might jump out of them. the doors held no surprises, however the last drawer had a mouse in it. I called for moose, and had to pick him up to see in the drawer, and expressed that he was supposed to get them. I closed the drawer hard and heard him shuffling around, thinking he might have made a run for it, I opened the cupboard door just under it, and there was nothing. When I re-opened the drawer he was still there, so I kicked the drawer and he jumped out and ran towards the door. I told moose to get it, and the mouse hid under the rubber mat. I stomped on it, but he must have been just out of that spot, as he ran out and behind the cabinet, and moose barely had time to see it much less react and get the thing. So now I know there is a live mouse somewhere, and the mouse had a nest, so I guess it was a she.
No comments:
Post a Comment