Went to the house today after getting stuff at the store to feed all my movers... or pay in food... Anyhow, I got the mail first thing and it was all soaking wet, so much so I just laid it on the counter in the garage to dry, hoping I can open it and read it when it is dry. There is a rather large hole in the side of the mailbox, I have no idea if it was there before or if it is new, I noticed just because of the wet mail!
So I unloaded all of the groceries from Sam's I got to satisfy the bellies of those helping us to move, which included ribs. After getting them opened and rubbing the first one, I have the feeling that there are more than two slabs, sure enough there were three in there. I had to use different kinds of rub for each of them as I didn't have enough of the regular made up, so I did a pork rub (from the meat market) Jerk rub from pampered chef, and the regular one I make. Good think I bought a rib rack so they will all fit on the grill at the same time.
I Got that done and thought I should walk through the place make sure there aren't any surprises, so down the basement I go and am about to leave when I saw something on the floor about the size of a peach seed. Knowing it wasn't there before, I turned on the light to figure out how something got on the middle of the floor since the last time I was there. Not sure if it was a frog or a toad, seemed a bit dried up, looking in the corner where I swept bugs, there were some fresh dead one and another frog/toad! What a strange thing to find. I told Jesse he needs to spray around the house and the barn, and seal the craw space door so if they are coming in there they will not be able to do so.
So going out to the barn, I must say it is still standing, looks the same anyhow. I must insert here that we have had a few big crazy storms lately and never know what to expect when buying a new home. Puddles! lots of them in the barn, we'll have to seal and paint the roof and figure out where all the water came from. I didn't stick around, or I might have checked on the little critter in the drawer. The spiderweb I would have had to walk through, kind of stopped me.
No comments:
Post a Comment